Is the YA800 Ashtanga Course the right option for you?
The following summary will be helpful when assessing whether or not you are able to commit the time required to participate in the YA800 One Year Part Time Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training Course.
Outside of the two 3 week (one per year) Block Courses a typical week at the Yoga Academy would be:
Monday 5.30pm – 8pm
- 1.5 hour led class followed by 1 hour meditation class
- These classes are compulsory
Tuesday 6am – 8am or Wednesday 4pm – 6pm
- Mysore class with Jude Hynes
- Only one class per week with Jude Hynes is compulsory
Wednesday 6am – 8am or Saturday 8.30am – 10.30am
- Mysore class with Peter Nilsson
- Only one class per week with Peter Nilsson is compulsory
Thursday 4pm – 6pm Mysore or any other Mysore class throughout the week
- Only one class per day
- Rest day unless you have chosen a Friday option for any of the above Mysore classes
Saturday 6am – 8am
- Trainees only workshop class
- This class is compulsory
- Rest day unless you have chosen a Sunday option for any of the above Mysore classes
Prerequisites and non-negotiables
Minimum level of practice
You must be able to demonstrate that you are proficient in:
- Standing poses
- Basic sitting poses, i.e. forward bends, twists and boats
- Basic back bends i.e. setu bhandasana and urdhva dhanurasana
You must be over 18 and under 60 years old.
You must be proficient in English.
Smoking and drugs
You must not smoke and must avoid abuse of substances such as drugs and alcohol.
You will be required to do assignments and diaries in MS Word and correspond via the internet in which you assist and teach with the support and guidance of the tutor.