This takes 5-10 minutes maximum to make. You keep it in the freezer, cutting off chunks to eat when required.
Jay Evans is the wonderful yogi who introduced us to this idea. Many thanks to her!
Jay came on a working party to the Yoga Retreat we are developing on Kawau with this tucked in her pack. We all could not believe that this wickedly good chocolate fudge was only full of pure ingredients that strengthened body mind and soul. Her version had nuts, coconut, cacao and buckwheat in it.
Being on such a pure diet one has to have a source of pure emotional bliss and this version came to me one day as I craved nutritious but wickedly good fudge.
The amounts of cacao, organic cocoa and freeze dried raspberry can be altered for taste.
- 1 bag of Ceres organic almonds
- 1 bag of Trade Aid organic dates
- 1 cup of organic desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 3-5 tablespoons organic cocoa powder
- 2 tsp freeze dried raspberry powder
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil
- Tiny bit of filtered water if required to make mix blend well – if it is too dry – watch out though it can turn it to mush if you get that wrong.
- Baking paper
- Grind the almonds and coconut into a powder.
- Add the cacao, cocoa, freeze dried raspberry powder, and date pulp (the dates need to be whizzed into a pulp in the blender first).
- Mush it together with your hands. If it is too dry add tiny but of water mix and add tiny bit more of water if required.
- Put it on baking paper and press it into a shape – circle or rectangle.
- Wrap and put it in the freezer.
(Image credit: Jennifer, SweetOnVeg, Flickr)